Happy Sunday! It is great week-end on this side of the blogosphere, and as we’re relaxing on this beautiful Sunday morning, here’s the round-up of the news we read this week, some which made us smile, laugh, and frown a bit:
- In great news this past week, President Obama promotes family-friendly workplace, as reported by Women’s e-news;
- Have you ever thought about taking coding lessons? Business Insider writes that Google is offering free coding lessons to women and minorities;
- In fashion-forward news, The Limited is to launch a collection inspired by our own Scandal’s Olivia Pope, read more in Jezebel;
- Forbes LearnVest tells us about 5 silly work mistakes that could derail your career;
- The Harvard Business Review confirms it does pay to put your team in a good mood, and we couldn’t agree more;
- Black Enterprise teaches us about 5 master networking tips for successful connections;
- In hair news, we were glad to see natural hair brought to the workplace, as Today Show host Tamron Hall rocked her natural curls for the first time on the show, confirming that natural hair does indeed have its place at work;
- Last but not least, our own The Corporate Sister asks the question as to what we are teaching our kids about work.
Happy Sunday, God bless!
The Corporate Sister.