Welcome to our weekly career, entrepreneurship, lifestyle and fashion news roundup! Think of it as your online watercooler/work gossip station/coffee break spot for now…Want to add anything to our list? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Are you a new grad? The Daily Muse lists 10 companies with tons of opportunities for new grads;
- Miss the summer? Glassdoor lists 11 companies with offices on the beach;
- Did you know there’s a “blue-collar Linked In”? Linked In shares how its founder advises to succeed without a Bachelor’s degree;
- Looking for books for your Fall reading list? Here are the 6 best business books of 2017;
- Black Enterprise explains the power of Black Girl Magic quantified by a Nielsen study;
- Ellevate Network shares the millennial’s guide to spending (and saving);
- Buffer shares 19 tools for creating social media images, videos and GIFs in minutes;
- Inc. reveals that Walmart wants to deliver groceries straight to your fridge (even if you’re not home);
- Black Enterprise writes about these sisters who launched a way for women to buy tires and auto services without getting ripped off;
- Ellevate Network teaches us to shift our minds from procrastination to action;
- Trying to decipher the business casual rules at work? Check out Corporette‘s new guide to business casual workwear for women;
- Bake at 350 shares 10 cookies and dessert recipes to try this Fall;
- Learn to become a more conscious parent by reading my review of Dr. Shefali Tsabari’s “The Awakened Family”.
Cheers to the weekend!
The Corporate Sis.
Author: Solange Lopes
Solange is the founder of The Corporate Sister, as well as an author, entrepreneur and CPA. She’s passionate about helping women do work they love, build fulfilling careers and living life on their own terms.