Welcome to our weekly career, entrepreneurship, lifestyle and fashion news roundup! Think of it as your online watercooler/work gossip station/coffee break spot for now…Want to add anything to our list? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Happy Veteran’s Day! In honor of Veteran’s Day, the Washington Post shares five myths about female veterans;
- Have you heard about the lady who flipped the middle finger to the presidential motorcade recently? The Evil HR Lady asks if it’s ok;
- Business Insider shares 9 ways to make your boss like you immediately;
- Ellevate Network shares five healthy tips for a productive day at work;
- The Muse discusses how hard it is to work while pregnant;
- The Glassdoor Blog lists 16 companies committed to equal pay and hiring now;
- Recruiter shares 11 jobs you can do from home;
- Here are 6 subtle signs you’re being sexually harassed at work;
- Got a side hustle? Here are 100 side hustle ideas to get you started;
- Want to “unshrink” your clothes in a cinch? WhoWhatWear shares this genius trick;
- Tired of traditional Thanksgiving menus? Serious Eats shares a modern feast menu;
- Corporette shares five brands offering stylish vegan shoes for the office;
- Check out my article on Ellevate Network around 10 rules of success for women of color at work.
To Your Success,
The Corporate Sis.
Author: Solange Lopes
Solange is the founder of The Corporate Sister, as well as an author, entrepreneur and CPA. She’s passionate about helping women do work they love, build fulfilling careers and living life on their own terms.