Hope everyone is having a great week-end, we’re having a heat wave on this side of the Northeastern blogosphere, what with temperatures rising to the 60’s yesterday…Oh my! Almost enough to make us forget about the disheartening snow showers of the past few weeks…almost! But today, on this International Women’s Day, we’re wishing all of you out there a Happy Woman’s Day, and sharing with you some of the best media headlines of this week:
- As part of its Women of Power series, Black Enterprise‘s panel of executives is discussing how to to push past our fears to make our next career move;
- The Daily Muse is teaching to stop trying to be good and start getting better;
- Career questions? Essence answers them all with the Black Woman’s Career Playbook;
- I loved this Washington Post article about how the most powerful people to help women at work are…women themselves! The more women at the top, the more women will have a chance to get to the top…
- Forbes Woman asks if women can succeed without a mentor;
- Doing both creative and regular work? Lifehacker advises us to keep separate work desks;
- Want your work clothes to make a statement? Refinery 29 gives us 10 top style tips to get noticed at work;
- Our own The Corporate Sister wrote about what Lupita Nyong’O’s Oscar win teaches us about corporate success.
Happy Sunday (or whatever’s left of it…)
The Corporate Sister.