Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great week, and as we’re winding down and relaxing, these are some the articles we most enjoyed in the course of this week…Ready, set, read!
- Forbes Woman makes a list of the 10 best companies for women in 2014;
- Black Enterprise shares with us millenial perceptions, as survey reveals negative views of young professional preparedness, while sharing with us Ethiopian-born designer Amsale Aberra’ vision of leadership;
- Wondering if you should splurge or save on your work fashion staples? Daily Worth tips you off on when you should buy luxury vs. basic fabrics;
- We’ve figured out by now that the whole work-life balance concept is somewhat elusive. Instead, the Daily Muse explains to us why we fail at it and what to try instead;
- I really enjoyed Huffington Post’s Shanna B. Van Ness’s post on how leadership ascension embodies ridding negative learned behaviors…much food for thought;
- I was also moved by this real-life story of this inspirational sister in Huff Post Black Voices as she tells us about being laid off by Corporate, and employed by Purpose…read it, it’ll make you think;
- Brazen Life gets us all empowered by urging us to toot our own horns (without sounding like Kanye), while warning us about how working too hard can actually be detrimental to our careers (hmmm!);
- For all those winter business trips, Road Warriorette shares with you some essential business travel tech;
- In our own The Corporate Sister, we are (again!) raving about how women make great leaders, while tipping us off on how much we can learn from tips and tricks from car salesmen!
Happy Sunday, and happy reading!
The Corporate Sister