Here at the Corporate Sister, we like to catch up on our news on Sunday, and kinda host a mini pow-wow on what’s been up around the media, the blogosphere, and pretty much all around the world…This is like our weekly watercooler media gossip session…This week, this is what we’re reading:
- Black Enterprise tips us off on how to best prep for job-seeking in 2014, and also points us to the three questions to ask before recommending a friend for a position;
- Essence Magazine’s life coach extraordinaire Felicia shows us how to live the life we’ve always wanted in 2014 (and did you know that NBA hottie Dwyane Wade and Being Mary Jane’s star actress Gabrielle Union got engaged…if you didn’t know, now you know…);
- Hello Beautiful shares with us 5 quick and dirty tricks to perfect your elevator pitch, and gives us the 411 on how to update your favorite LBD;
- Diversity Inc. lets us in on the controversial “Black Santa” debate that’s been raging over the Internet and media these past few days, and also makes us think (and laugh) about all the things that no one should ever say to a Black person in the workplace (but unfortunately get said);
- TV One ponders the question as to whether fiscal conservatives can help fight workplace discrimination;
- The Grio shares with us a study from the Center of American Progress showing that Black women are making significant gains as entrepreneurs;
- The New York Times paints a picture of what progressive marriages look like with Wall Street moms and their stay-at-home hubbies, and what gender equality really requires for high-powered women to achieve their full potential;
- Last but not least, our own The Corporate Sister warns us not to expect much diversity in the workplace at Christmas time, as we pen our own colorful letter to Santa!
Seen a piece of interesting news out there? Please post a comment below, or email us at email@example.com?