For our weekly media pow-wow, we’ve scoured our favorite publications for articles that inspire us, make us smile, think, and get better…This week, this is what we’re reading:
- As we said goodbye this week to our favorite Uncle Phil, Huffington Post Black Voices reminds us of 10 amazing moments that made you wish you had an Uncle Phil;
- Black Enterprise gives us 5 tips to acing your first business trip, and tips us off on 7 smart actions for the first week on the job;
- Just in time to go back to work, The Daily Muse is teaching us how to survive at work when all you really want is go back to bed, right after hitting the nail right on the head with the hilarious (and oh so true) 18 stages of coming back to work after the holidays;
- Beware fellow coffee addicts! Forbes Woman is confirming that the best time to drink coffee is not first thing in the morning. And while we’re on the topic of coffee, we’re also getting the cheat sheet on how many calories really are in our mocha frapuccinos…hmmm….
- Just in time for weight loss resolutions, HuffPost Black Voices tells us that African-American women have a harder time losing weight (and this is not going to help);
- Brazen Life interviews top business leaders and young professionals on the key to networking success;
- For all the procrastinators out there, Essence’s Write or Die Chick shares with us the one resolution she’s making this year;
- Last but not least, our own The Corporate Sister is tipping you off on ways to cope with the post-holiday rut, while adopting the 360-degree approach to networking for the corporate sister.
Any other article you’d like to share? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Corporate Sister.