Enjoy our posts? Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Pinterest!
Hope everyone had a great week! For the 411 on our Sunday news pow-wow, here is what we’re reading this week…
- We are celebrating with “12 Years a Slave” actress Lupita Nyong’o her SAG Awards win! Way to go, Lupita! Essence tells us all about it!
- In honor of our First Lady Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday,The HuffPost Black Voices shares with us 50 reasons to love Michelle Obama on her 50th;
- Black Enterprise shares with us 3 awesome (paid) internships that promote diversity; while prompting us to rethink a career in financial services;
- The Daily Muse tells us about something we should be doing more of at work (LOL), and also tells us what we already know but don’t put in practice enough, that is why apologizing hurts us more than anything else;
- For all the corporate mamas and daddys out there, Forbes Woman tips us off on the 7 crippling parenting behaviors that keep our children from growing into leaders; as well as how to perform every day at our peaks. In the meantime, and for all the corporate managers out there, you’ll be surprised to learn about the 5 surprisingly easy ways to motivate millenials at work;
- For the color-adverse among us, Refinery 29 tips us off on 5 non-boring ways to wear Black! Plus for all the shoe lovers (you know who you are) out there, read about what your favorite shoe says about you;
- Last but not least, our own The Corporate Sister shares with us how great style may cost you in the workplace. And for all those business conference calls, there is an etiquette to follow!
Happy Sunday, and happy reading!
The Corporate Sister.