This is our weekly career and lifestyle news update, where we round up exciting news of the last week and we let you have it…ahem, news-wise that is…
Think of it as your career gossiping section on steroids…
Here we go…
- Did you know France is pushing a law to cut down on work email, but Business Insider tells us why the US probably won’t follow suit;
- We’re still talking about the United State of Women event, and my favorite part was Oprah’s interview with First Lady Michelle Obama. Ellevate Network lists its 7 favorite parts of this fascinating talk;
- We all know about the wage gap, but how about the gender investing gap. Levo League interviewed Sallie Krawcheck on why investing is the ultimate career power tool;
- Are you an entrepreneur of color? Black Enterprise has a list of amazing loan resources for you;
- You know that feeling when you just can’t motivate yourself at work anymore (like when it’s beautiful out and you’re stuck in a cube). The Muse lists 3 reasons why and how to overcome them;
- Planning to ask for that raise? Here are some great tips on becoming a successful negotiator;
- Want to avoid putting on weight in the summer? Check out these 3 healthy substitutes for your next lunchtime;
- Need to sleep more? This healthcare giant is paying employees up to $500 to sleep more;
- In fashion news, this summer bag makes it much easier to find things;
- Last but not least, on the blog this week, I discussed 4 smart ways to prepare for any networking event.
PS: Like this post? Click HERE to get The Corporate Sister’s career, lifestyle and entrepreneurship, bi-weekly updates.
To your success,
The Corporate Sis.