This is our weekly career and lifestyle news update, where we round up exciting news of the last week and we let you have it…ahem, news-wise that is…
Think of it as your career gossiping section on steroids…
Here we go…
- Have you checked out my interview with Danyelle Little aka The Cubicle Chick this week?
- Are you a woman filmmaker? Forbes reports Fox and AFI have teamed up to offer opportunities for women to direct franchise films;
- Investigative journalist Sally Hubbard of the Women Killing It! podcast shares on Ellevate Network 5 ways to kill it at work;
- Big changes at work? The Glassdoor Blog gives you tips on how to handle them;
- Ever cried at work? One of America’s favorite CEOs tells you why it’s OK;
- Want to become your own boss, but not sure where to start? Black Enterprise tips you off on 5 part-time franchise opportunities for your side hustle;
- Did you regret accepting the offer after day 1 on the job? According to Ellevate Network, you should have asked these three questions beforehand;
- This University of South Carolina Assistant Professor created an app that helps you rate your media for equity, inclusion and general content quality;
- Wondering what recruiters look for in new candidates? Ellevate points out these three things;
- The Paris Fashion Week is in full swing, and the Business of Fashion confirms that it’s all about women empowerment;
- Soup season has officially started, people. Love and Lemons shares with us their 10 favorite soup recipes to whip up throughout the Fall.
PS: Did I miss anything? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any career, lifestyle or inspiration news you’d like me to share, or simply post a comment below!
The Corporate Sis.