Welcome to our weekly career, entrepreneurship, lifestyle and fashion news roundup! Think of it as your online watercooler/work gossip station/coffee break spot for now…Want to add anything to our list? Email us at email@example.com!
- Have you met our Woman of Impact this week? Check out my interview with Audrey Mann Cronin, co-founder of SayItMedia Inc and creator of the LikeSo app;
- In great news this week, the Daily Beast reports that in honor of the Formation album, Beyonce launched 4 scholarships for female students;
- Are you a new mom returning to work after baby? Ellevate Network shares some tips on how to survive the back-to-work postpartum blues;
- If you’re a naturalista (and even if you’re not), you may have heard about the Shea moisture drama this past week. Black Enterprise tells you more about it and the important lesson we should get from it;
- This past Thursday was Take Your Daughter to Work day, and The Corporate Sister lists 5 lessons to teach your daughter that day and every day;
- Were you a good student at school or are you raising a good student? Forbes reveals all those good grades may not lead to professional success;
- Got fired? Ellevate Network has tips on bouncing back;
- Want to raise really creative kids? Inc. tips you off on 3 things smart parents do;
- Mother’s Day is fast approaching. WhoWhatWear suggests the coolest gifts for every mom out there;
- Remember United’s incident with passenger Dr. David Dao? Well, Refinery29 reports that United will now pay you up to $10K for your seat;
- Ready for Cinco de Mayo? SeriousEats has 19 tasty taco recipes for you.
PS: Have you listened to the latest episode of my Working Girls Club podcast around “How to thrive as introverts at work”? Check it out on iTunes!
Cheers, to the week-end,
The Corporate Sis.