Welcome to our weekly career, entrepreneurship, lifestyle and fashion news roundup! Think of it as your online watercooler/work gossip station/coffee break spot for now…Want to add anything to our list? Email us at email@example.com!
- I just came back from the amazing BlogHer17 conference and it was everything! Read my recap here!
- Black Enterprise reveals Oberlin College picked African-American visionary Carmen Twillie Ambar as president;
- Ready to power through this summer? Inc. lists 7 odd things successful people do over the summer that lazy people don’t;
- The Undercover Recruiter shares 5 ways to stay informed about workplace diversity;
- Ellevate Network tells you how to bridge the gap from college to career;
- Do you work remotely? Recruiter shares their top 10 tech tools for remote workers and distributed workers;
- Filling up your summer reading list? Business Insider tips you off on the best business books to read this summer;
- Forbes explains why mentoring matters and how more women can get the right people in their corner;
- Ellevate Network shares 5 ways to combat gender disparity in the workplace;
- Worried about having a baby in your 30s? Femalista actually reveals that the optimal age to have a baby is later than you thought;
- Business Insider lists the 5 best apps to help you manage your money;
- Thinking of acquiring a franchise? Black Enterprise lists 80 low-cost franchises you can buy for less than $100,000;
- Pop Sugar unveils a sneak peek of Maybelline’s new Wonder Woman Collection, and we’re in love!
- Kudos to these teen sisters for writing a book urging young girls of color to celebrate their hair!
Cheers to the weekend!
The Corporate Sis.